PHA Level 1
Precision Health Alliance (PHA)
PHA Level 1
ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA
The PHA Level 1 Course is a combination of self-paced study and live interactive workshops, broken down over 3-phases of experiential learning, learn how to use Precision Health Technology in your business and apply the latest research in practice.
- Identify the different sciences involved in the influence of a person’s unique development (including the links between anthropometry, embryology, endocrinology and genetics)
- Understand how lifestyle and environmental factors such as nutrition, exercise, sleep, stress affect gene expression differently in different people
- Learn how to assess a client’s individual phenotype using non-invasive assessment technology
- Provide personalized lifestyle interventions in exercise, nutrition and other important lifestyle factors as part of a precision health program
- Apply personalized behaviour change models through foundational learning in behavioural genetics and neuropsychology to better communicate, motivate and support your clients
- Use Precision Health Technology in your business. Learn how to insert the assessment, precision health app and health coaching technology into your services to increase your impact.
- Collaborate within the PHA Health Professional Network. Join a community of trained medical doctors, allied health professionals, health coaches and fitness professionals to expand your professional and referral network for greater client centered care.
Prerequisites: None required
Duration - how many hours and lectures
Phase 1: 10 hours of self-paced learning. 5 Core Modules consisting of 40 key lectures.
Phase 2: 2 x 6-hour live workshops
Phase 3: 6 x 90 min workshops, 6 modules, consisting of 33 key lectures
Total Hours: 37
Dr. Cam Mcdonald
Certificate: PHA Level 1
- Lifetime Access to PHA Level 1 content and learning
- Free annual membership to Shae for personal use
- Coach access to licensing of PHA’s precision health tech
- Business resources for marketing, education & coaching
- 15 CECs Fitness Australia
- 20 REPs NZ
- 1.9 CEUs NASM
- 3.4 CECs ACE
- Allied health and medical professionals can also claim on course hours for continuing education credits.
Topics inside the course
Phase 1 (Learn) - Self-paced online learning modules covering the foundational sciences of Precision Health, including:
- An Introduction to Precision Health
- Understanding Genetics, Epigenetics and the Phenotype
- The Relationship between Anthropometry, Embryology and Genetics
- Chronobiology: How Time Affects Results
- Neuropsychology: A Personalized Approach to Behaviour
- And much more…
Phase 2 (Experience) - A live virtual interactive workshop focused on the application and integration of precision health into clinical practice, with particular experiential learning focus on personalized health assessment, intervention and behavioural coaching.
- How to Assess your Client’s Phenotype
- How to Apply Precision Health Technology
- An Introduction to Personalized Nutrition
- An Introduction to Personalized Exercise
- An Introduction to Personalized Sleep and Biorhythms
- An Introduction to Personalized Stress Management
- An Introduction to Personalized Behavioural Coaching
- Includes practical sessions, breakout rooms and live coaching sessions.
Phase 3 (Integrate) - Mentor-led, blended learning combining weekly live workshops and self-paced modules. These sessions are designed to support knowledge integration, clinical application and business integration. Includes:
- Understanding Neurotransmitters and Behaviours
- A Personalized Approach to Habit Formation
- Applying the WOOP Process in Goal Setting
- How to Overcome Plateaus
- How to use Precision Health Tech in your Business
- Assigned course mentors to guide you when applying your newfound skills with clients in your business.
- Includes a 10-day Precision Health Program, facilitated by our education team for yourself and clients to take part in to see the results firsthand (all included in your course fee)!
Who the course is for (target audience)
- Fitness Professionals
- Health/Nutrition Coaches
- Mindset Coaches
- Allied Health Professionals
- Medical Professionals
For more information please click here.
To review this course, please click here.